Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The Danger of Hot Spot Investing

Notify me of new replies via email
| 30 Jul 2012, 02:44 AM Agree 0
Seems everyone is looking for the next 'hot spot' and marketing organisations such as magazines, TV, marketing companies et al use the phrase 'hot spot' a little too liberally. Property Observer has just completed an analysis of last years 'hot spots' and were underwhelmed to say the least.

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/hotspots/the-21-hotspots-that-weren-t/2012072955568?utm_source=Property+Observer+List&utm_campaign=705b78a2fa-July_9_20124_10_2012&utm_medium=email
  • cranic | 31 Jul 2012, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    Interesting I wonder how many so call guru's got it wrong?

There is mixed opinions of what's going to happen in the next couple of years.
  • Eos Property | 31 Jul 2012, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    Hi Cranic,

For me the article reinforces the need for individuals to have a longer term perspective and be prepared to ride the good and bad times through. Adopting such a strategy, in preference to following the herd, is more assured of success, all things being equal.

I might also add that property, as an asset class, is far more suited to a long term perspective over shorter term views.

Where the article does fall down is that it only considers 12 month results - I would prefer the author of the article conduct a similar exercise based on predictions made 10 years ago.
Post a reply