Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The Harwicks: immigrants to millionaires in just eight years

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 07 Dec 2011, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Ant and Sue Hardwick landed in Australia eight years ago with just enough money to cover the deposit on a Perth unit. Now, they’re the owners of a portfolio worth over $4m – with another $1.2m under construction. This is their story.
  • Meryl | 24 Feb 2012, 10:09 PM Agree 0
    I have read your story was impressed in such a short time. I myself have been driven to invest for many years for more properties rather than just one but my husband has always held back in doing so. My husband is 5 years away from retiring so we will most likely buy another investment GOOD THINKING FOR BOTH OF YOU !!!!
  • shane | 06 Jun 2012, 08:19 PM Agree 0
    It can be hard.I have been unemployed for 4 years now,am getting centrelink which is not much,but got some inheritance once,put deposit down for townhouse in 2000,kept working and paid it off 5 years later.worth about 160k at moment.also had 85k in bank in 2010,wanted a loan for another 65k but bank wouldnt give it to me,even though I would have had roughly the same cash outgoings in total as when I am renting.and with a flatmate I could have even saved more money.
    Problem is we all still need fair paying jobs which is what this country has lost over the last few decades.It has caused problems for so many people,this downturn in economy.
Post a reply