Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

The Kiwi question

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 30 Jan 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Q: I want to buy a rental property in NZ and being an Aussie, I’m not sure what tax issues I should be aware of. I also hold a few properties here in Australia so I want to know the tax implications of holding NZ property for both Kiwi and Aussie taxation departments.
  • JOHAN | 31 Jan 2012, 06:28 PM Agree 0
    I am about to purchase a property in Australia (Perth).What would the tax implications be for Australia.
  • FOLKERS | 31 Jan 2012, 06:41 PM Agree 0
    I am from South Africa wanting to buy an investment property in Perth.What would the tax situation be regarding the rental received and on Capital Gains.Could you please comment
  • Grubber | 01 Feb 2012, 08:54 AM Agree 0
    Folkers: I think you'd need to check with the South African Revenue Services if you're still living in SA. From this side, contact the Australian Tax Office or visit their website. They've usually got a long list of FAQ that is usually helpful enough...
  • Mike | 28 Jul 2012, 08:44 PM Agree 0
    We have recently moved to Australia and still own our home in New Zealand. I am struggling to find an accountant who can give us advice on our Australian tax implications. Can you reccommend an account with experience in this area?
Post a reply