Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Top 10 reasons why it's time to sack your property manager

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 25 Aug 2014, 04:18 PM Agree 0
Property managers can be a wonderful asset to your team, or they can be just the opposite. Here are 10 signs it's time to find a new one.
  • Dee Hanoldt | 30 Aug 2014, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    I am the owner of a commercial property in Sydney. I do not own the business, just the real estate. Recently the business was sold by the operator and my managing agent has charged me fees of 5% of the annual rental received by me. As the business was sold there were no tenancy interviews as the new buyer operates the business, and no lease drawn up by the agent as it was drawn up by my solicitor. This charge seems an unfair charge to me. What do you think? Is this normal procedure? Your reply would be appreciated. I am considering changing managing agents.
  • Dee Hanoldt | 30 Aug 2014, 11:22 AM Agree 0
    I am the owner of a commercial property in Sydney. I do not own the business, just the real estate. Recently the business was sold by the operator and my managing agent has charged me fees of 5% of the annual rental received by me. As the business was sold there were no tenancy interviews as the new buyer operates the business, and no lease drawn up by the agent as it was drawn up by my solicitor. This charge seems an unfair charge to me. What do you think? Is this normal procedure? Your reply would be appreciated. I am considering changing managing agents.
Post a reply