Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Transferring Equity Loan

Notify me of new replies via email
Cam | 11 Aug 2013, 06:35 PM Agree 0
I'm reasonably new to this and am finding it hard to find good advice so any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. Roughly 18 months ago I purchased my first investment property using an equity loan from my primary place of residence for the whole amount of the investment property. House prices in this area have increased substantially over this period and the investment property which was purchased for $250,000 is now worth $300,000-$320,000. My question is, is it possible to transfer my equity loan from my existing PPOR to my investment property so that I don't have the equity loan hanging over my PPOR mortgage just incase I was ever to default on the investment property mortgage it wouldn't effect my PPOR mortgage. Any information on this topic would be appreciated.
  • Eos Property | 11 Aug 2013, 08:17 PM Agree 0
    Speak to your broker about a release/partial release of security. This will do what you want.
Post a reply