Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

WA Excerpt from the 2017 September Market report

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 01 Sep 2017, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Residents exit Western Australia as the market tries to anticipate the bottom of the cycle
  • RS | 06 Sep 2017, 09:12 AM Agree 0
    The Eastern States Investment companies continuously misunderstand and are way behind the times of what is exactly happening in WA. Every single point Metropole commented on is between 12 to 24 months old. Housing supply started contracting over 6 months ago, Job creation has been on the up for at least the last 12 months and Mining Investment and exploration has been increasing over the last 18 months and is currently the strongest it has been since 2013. I see Metropole do not operate in WA and are obviously not in touch with what has actually been happening in WA, do you think people in the Eastern States would take the advice of a Western Australian Investment firm commenting on the Sydney or Melbourne markets?
    • SimonA | 19 Sep 2017, 01:56 PM Agree 0
      Yes old news now for sure. I've followed MY for a few years but people that don't operate here are not that keen on talking it up. Usual story i guess. Definitely hit the bottom and going to be moving forward. Funny how they can still recommend Sydney or Melbourne now though. A lot of growth has been taken from those markets and outlook for Sydney in particular cannot be good now.
  • Daztrac | 19 Sep 2017, 10:52 AM Agree 0
    Spot on RS, I 100% agree.
    Some WA suburbs are set to achieve good growth in the next 1 to 2 years.
  • Max | 20 Sep 2017, 06:03 PM Agree 0
    Working and living in the WA mining and construction industry for many years I am astounded at the number of East coasters working over in WA and living on the East coast. Surely this has a two pronged effect of lowering house prices in WA and increasing the housing on the East coast. Wages being taken out of WA and invested on the East coast has contributed to increased house prices.
    • Chamber of Minerals & Resources back to Ozzies | 04 Oct 2017, 07:58 AM Agree 0
      R u kidding me ur blaming a fellow Australian worker who already pays his income tax, blame him not spending his $4-500 pweek on the otherside of OUR country?
      People need to have a look at the facts and grow some balls and point out how the miners would rather pay millions in advertising, PR firms in spreading false facts how state gov is going to take away jobs where in fact they try to get some back what belongs to very Oz.... profits dont get tinkered down to us but to wealthy shareholders who can b a citizen anywhere in the world. Also automation has stolen more jobs than other Ozzies, if the world economy does well, it does not matter how much tax we have increased on these thieves, they will hire more jobs as long theres a demnd for the red dust.....by the way im a Kwinana resident.... prices have not improved and still hasnt bottomed out. Sign when things will improve r when u c the unemployment decreasing, housing starts/complitions decreasing etc..... my main concern is when these start to improve theres talk of rba moving interest rates at the same time...
  • Powersports | 26 Sep 2017, 06:26 PM Agree 0
    WA is fine. if you know where to look. Ravensthorpe is a great example. Lithium and Wheat.
Post a reply