Watch out! Gladstone is getting hot

#1 Posted : Wednesday, 8 August 2012 2:05:35 AM

Gladstone is going to be freakin sweltering hot as an investment destination. Get in now or don't bother. Whatcha think???????

• mlrose12#2 Posted : Wednesday, 26 September 2012 1:20:35 PM

I have looked at Gladstone and found that Elders in Gladstone are selling units for $170k with a 10% return.
    The units are in Emerald and are leased out to one of the big mines?
    Would this be what your talking about?

• CrIg#3 Posted : Thursday, 27 September 2012 9:34:56 PM

Gladstone has run its race, be careful. Its about 11pm on the property clock.
    Everyones talking about kawana on the sunshine coast now. Huge hotspot.

• jack#4 Posted : Thursday, 4 October 2012 2:44:07 PM

Gladstone market is flooded and rents are dropping dramatically already. Be very careful if you are looking at investing in Gladstone, Boyne or Tannum. I know a number of investors who have lost large amounts of money in the last 3 months. Darwin is the new LNG hot spot - get in quick before the rest of the nation starts investing there.

• Francis#5 Posted : Tuesday, 9 October 2012 12:00:21 AM

I agree with Jack. As a fellow reader of investment magazines we should be well placed to be investing in tomorrow's hot spot's. Not yesterdays. The people who have made a lot of money out of Gladstone were those who invested there years ago. Now we have to look for tomorrow's hot spots. Darwin could be the next hot spot. Personally, I have been investing on the Gold Coast and Cairns where prices are very,very low and expect a big boom from the baby boomer retirement surge. Meanwhile I am getting a comfortable 7% rental return. Good luck with your investing.

• Scott#6 Posted : Tuesday, 9 October 2012 2:46:11 PM

There are miners sleeping anywhere they can including on garage floors here in Mackay..

• Sonja#7 Posted : Wednesday, 31 October 2012 6:30:05 PM

I live in cairns an i hope you are right. the prices have been very low for a very long time. They can only go up .

• Ben#8 Posted : Tuesday, 6 November 2012 4:39:32 PM

Opinions are like noses, everyone's got one

• Mike#9 Posted : Saturday, 10 November 2012 7:51:57 AM

But not everyone has DSR Score to find their own hotspots without all the subjective biased opinion

• Daniel#10 Posted : Wednesday, 14 November 2012 11:00:50 AM

I prefer Newman in WA. Very good yield and capital growth.

• Eos Property#11 Posted : Tuesday, 20 November 2012 7:25:52 PM

Little point going where the money has been. Need to find out where the money is going to be otherwise all you are doing is lining someone else's pocket. Even that simplistic answer needs to be tempered with the knowledge that getting in early also carries a degree of risk - too early and you are exposed to risks such as mines not going ahead, world markets changing during construction phase and bullish mine management decisions. No hard and fast rules here people.

• Michele#12 Posted : Saturday, 24 November 2012 11:23:33 PM

Darwin is already through the roof. I would be cautious.

Post a reply