Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Why Invest in Property ?

Notify me of new replies via email
| 31 Mar 2011, 11:11 PM Agree 0

So let me get straight to the point. I invest in property as I see it as a vehicle to wealth creation and being comfortable in retirement. In a recent <a href="http://wp.me/p1q5i5-22">blog</a> I talk about the reasons I chose property to invest in along with how I go about succeeding in property investing through selecting a great team of professionals to help me along the way. Interested to know your thoughts as why you invest.
  • Mick C | 04 Apr 2011, 01:27 PM Agree 0
    So let me get straight to the point. I invest in property as I see it as a vehicle to wealth creation and being comfortable in retirement. In a recent blog I talk about the reasons I chose property to invest in along with how I go about succeeding in property investing through selecting a great team of professionals to help me along the way. Interested to know your thoughts as why you invest.

1. Ability to target 2 income pattern- rental yeild and capital growth
    2. Tax - no need to say more :)
    3. Control over your investment, this is really imporant...it gives me the ability to "upgrade" my investment to suit my needs
    4. Safe option compared to another form of investment ( even though i do have quite a bit in shares and private funds as well )
    5. fun :)

Regards
    Michael
  • Justin Wood | 20 Apr 2011, 05:34 AM Agree 0
    I invest for many of the same reasons as Michael.

Capital Growth
    Putting your money in a savings account gives you a small amount of interest but no capital growth. If you purchase property, you do so expecting that the underlying value of the asset will grow.

Rental Income
    You start receiving an income almost straight away.

Inflation
    Inflation is an inevitable part of life. One of the often overlooked benefits of holding property is that property values can increase at a greater rate than inflation.

Tax Benefits
    The Australian Tax Office (ATO) provides tax advantages to property investors including negative gearing, depreciation and property related expenses.

Borrowing Capacity
    Compared to other investment vehicles like shares, you don’t need to have a large lump sum of money in the bank Property is the only investment vehicle where you can borrow most of the purchase price.

Add Value
    Unlike other investments you can physically increase your properties value by undertaking renovations or extensions to your investment.
  • Elea | 20 Jul 2011, 01:28 AM Agree 0
    Hi digs75,

Many people wonder why you should invest. People may actually have different needs to invest. Well, for me Investing makes you to prepare for your future. It is one good option that you can secure your future.

All the best,

Elea
  • JohnBroderick | 15 Jun 2012, 05:50 AM Agree 0
    As a real estate investor, you will most likely be purchasing ownership interests and then earning a return on that investment by issuing leasehold interests to tenants, who will in turn pay rent. It is also not uncommon for an investor to acquire a long-term leasehold interest in land, which then has a building constructed upon it. At the end of the land lease, the land and building become the property of the original land-owner.

Whitechapel estate agents
  • Jamie M | 18 Jun 2012, 09:49 PM Agree 0
    The ability to add value to the asset is a big kicker for me. This is something that you can't do with other modes of investments. The tax perks are also quite handy.

Cheers

Jamie
  • annamarie | 04 Jul 2012, 01:29 PM Agree 0
    Some property investment points are as follows:
    Capital Growth
    Safe Investment
    Control
    Tax Benefits
    Liquidity
    Bad Tenants...etc
  • Brock Chewings | 18 Jul 2012, 05:54 AM Agree 0
    Many people choose to invest in property, because they can personally see their investments, let’s say in real estates or car sales. In this case, we tend to take handle things personally, thus adding its value whether we are aware of it or not and it gradually moves forward with sure success in increasing your profits-best fit for long term goals. On the other hand, investing on shares is an immediate vehicle to success, and is pretty faster to get the expected prospects that fit for a short term goal.

• alex peter | 09 Aug 2012, 09:56 AM Agree 0
    There are very less chances of loss if you invest in real estate. But you should invest in a right property which gives a proper output. So always try to invest in good property which have a good location.
Post a reply