Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Yarrabilba

Notify me of new replies via email
Louise | 19 May 2013, 11:59 AM Agree 0
Hi,
I have joined a property investment group, and they have recommended buying a block of land out at Yarrabilba (the new Lend Lease master-planned community). I have been looking at blocks of land and data online, and it seems that the price of the land is a bit overpriced- $222 000 for 537m2 (their price) compared with $171 000 for 614m2 on some of the other blocks online. They have said that we can build a triplex on it, so I was wondering whether this would increase the cost of the land block? Is there any way I can check that I'm not just going to be buying over-priced land?
Any advice regarding Yarrabilba also?
Thanks
  • David M | 23 May 2013, 01:11 PM Agree 0
    I have joined an investment property group.. STOP HERE! Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200. Property group is going to collect a fee - nothing is for free! Have you paid them for professional services, or is everything for free! Nothing is for free! Do you own homework. Louise, go to Tarrabillia or wherever it is and speak to some local agents. If you need help buying an investment property - find one that you pay a fee for their service - and whom are independent. Buyer beware - See ASIC.
  • Dave C | 24 May 2013, 08:59 AM Agree 0
    Hi Louise Yarrabilba is a good story, it will only become bigger. Lend Lease will not let it fail. Compare it to Springfield Lakes, roads, infrastructure, schools, buses, shopping centres, rail line and now a new hospital. Land 10 years ago was going for $65K now valued at $175K. Get in early would be my call. Feel free to call me on 0478819881.
  • Grant | 28 May 2013, 01:33 PM Agree 0
    I have an EOI on a dual occupancy property in Augustine heights Qld 4300, part of G Springfield. Positive geared purchase cost 520000. Whats your thoughts
  • Elio | 07 Jun 2013, 03:48 PM Agree 0
    Hello Louise, Elio at Lend Lease here:

Your investment advice has been good, even if I am a little bias!

I can assure you that land at Yarrabilba is much more attractive than what you have noted. Lots of similar size (535-550m2) start from around $155,500 (price varies depending on actual size and lot location), whereas for $223,000 you can get 800sqm+ Parkland lot facing a park.

More details are available on our website or you can call our office on 1800 721 856 and have a chat.

Good luck in your investment journey and let me know if I can help you out.

Elio.
Post a reply