So you've found the right investment property and you're ready to make an offer. Here are some tips to ensure the transaction goes as smoothly as possible.
• Normally the price of a property has a certain amount of leverage built into it, so it's almost expected that the initial offer will be less than the asking price. If the market is particularly buoyant, you may want to try and quickly secure the deal and offer the seller more.
• You may request items such as carpets, curtains, light fittings or blinds if you outline that your offer is inclusive of them.
• Renovating always costs more than you think! So keep in mind the fact that a property with recently fitted windows, kitchen or bathroom fittings may save you money.
• Make sure it's clear that your verbal offer is subject to finance and conveyancing.
• Sellers don't always take the highest offer. It can help to build a relationship as some sellers want to be reassured their home is going to someone they like. If possible, discuss your offer directly with the seller.
Do you have more than $200k in your super fund? You could use your super to buy property - Find out how
Top Suburbs :
Get help with your investment property
Do you need help finding the right loan for your investment?
When investing in property, it is important to make sure that you not only have the lowest available rate that you can get, but also have the correct loan features for your needs.
Just fill in a few details below and we'll then arrange for a local Aussie Mortgage Broker to contact you and work out what features or types of loans are right for your needs. We'll even help with the paperwork. Plus and appointment is free.
We value your privacy and treat all your information seriously - you can check out