Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Auction market slowly rebounding

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 16 Oct 2018, 11:39 AM Agree 0
Will these positive results continue the next week?
  • ScrotR | 16 Oct 2018, 02:29 PM Agree 0
    The article is entitled 'Auction market slowly rebounding' and yet the final paragraph states 'It is likely that the final weighted average result across the nation will trend lower as more results are gathered – CoreLogic is expecting 50% final clearance rates for the 3rd consecutive week.'

How is that a rebound, or am I missing something?
    • YIP Publisher | 19 Oct 2018, 10:53 AM Agree 0
      "The auction market rebounded over the week ending October 14, with Melbourne and Sydney continuing to register highest numbers of homes going under the hammer.

CoreLogic’s Property Market Indicator Summary reported that 1,850 homes were taken to auction across the combined capital cities during the week, returning a preliminary auction clearance rate of 50.7%.

The figures are slightly higher than the final auction clearance rate of 49.5% recorded the previous week, which accounted for 1,817 auctions"
  • Harry Wilks | 21 Oct 2018, 08:53 AM Agree 0
    Preliminary clearance rate at 49% for Melbourne and 44% for Sydney. Melbourne clearance for 2017 was 73% I’d say with record debt level, IO loan reset to IO & P, absence of Chinese and foreign buyers and record low interest rates, we are looking at the beginning of an Ireland or Iceland level property crash. It all depends on whether the banks get bailed out. Its not business as usual peeps. Is this supposed to be the spring rebound?
Post a reply