Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

CGT on an inhearited propery

Notify me of new replies via email
kevin kunst | 09 Oct 2013, 11:15 AM Agree 0
On february 2013 my father died leaving me a proppery that was rented prior to his death and i would like to make it my main residence, I would like to know if there is any taxes like cgt to pay when the house is transfered into my name. i am in Queensland and i'm not sure about taxes and costs involved.
  • Eos Property | 13 Oct 2013, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    Not an accountant but my understanding is you may be liable for CGT on the property for the period it was an investment property.

    Given this is a specialised area I would suggest you meet your accountant and get expert advice on this matter.
Post a reply