Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

First home buyer- suburbs you would recommend

Notify me of new replies via email
FirstTimeHomeBuyer | 30 Apr 2020, 11:42 PM Agree 0
Hi all,

I’m a first home buyer, looking at the moment for somewhere to purchase a home in South-West Sydney with my partner.

We are looking for anything between 600-725k. Ideally, it would be 3+ bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1+ car space with 350+square metres.

With this in mind where do you think might be a good suburb to buy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

This would be a home for us to live in for about 5-10 years I’d say before hopefully moving on. We would like to make some money off it ideally as it probably wouldn’t be a home for life.

Cheers
  • Karen | 05 May 2020, 10:54 AM Agree 0
    Hello FirstTimeHomeBuyer,
    Whilst not knowing the area you want to buy in, I would encourage you to do a lot of research on the suburbs in the area you are looking at. Don't rely on past growth for future growth. Look for something you can add value to as you live in it. Renovation, subdivision, granny flat etc. Also, I have used reports from John Lindeman to buy something that has potential to grow in value within a year or two. He uses statistics to look for suburbs that have everything "right".
    Hope this helps a little.
Post a reply