Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to boost your rental return by 56%

Notify me of new replies via email
Sarah Megginson | 15 Dec 2018, 12:00 AM Agree 0
When property investors Tanya and Craig took on the challenge of transforming a dark, cramped and floorless 1920s kitchen into a bright, airy and functional space, they jumped in head first – and bumped up their rental income by more than 50%.
  • A real estate investor | 19 Dec 2018, 04:22 PM Agree 0
    I feel sorry for this couple. They have a $1 million dollar property and they are getting $500 per week? Really?
    • Dona | 30 Dec 2018, 02:36 PM Agree 0
      The article doesn't state reno. costs...but an increase in value of $120 000 is pretty bloody good, I'd say.
      $380 to $500, again $10 000 extra a year is nothing to sniff at either. *Don't know where the 56% comes in?
      As for people who own more than two properties, cutting out first time home buyers and reaping extraordinary rents, to me are greedy...why should one person be allowed to own so many properties.
      Outrageous that properties like this example, can increase 14%, because of a little touch up, no wonder the average Joe Blo cannot afford a roof over his/her head in the year 2018.
  • Fendi | 13 Jan 2019, 02:33 PM Agree 0
    It is also important to look at the areas that are not experiencing oversupply (like for example Southbank and Green Square in Sydney). If the place has huge jump in number of people renting then it is likely there is a big supply of units coming online. Usually rents tend to drop in such scenario. Established suburb with no unit oversupply tend to perform the best. Just saying location is important.
Post a reply