Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to deal with the death of your property manager

Notify me of new replies via email
Matto | 23 May 2018, 07:47 PM Agree 0
Good evening everyone,

I find myself in a situation where the property manager of my SMSF apartment in QLD has passed unexpectedly. I received an email from the executor informing me after the deceased had been buried and that the process of dealing with the trust and banks had begun and was hopeful of funds being released in a couple of weeks. I was also informed that a new property manager was close to being implemented and that the body corporate were happy with references. It's been two weeks since I last spoke with the executor and the body corporate informed me that they were in contact with the executor but could not tell me anything about the potential manager due to privacy concerns. Has anybody been through this and if so what suggestion/ advice would you have if any. There hasn't been any payment made and I don't know how to proceed forward. Is it possible to engage another property manager to mange the apartment whilst this is going on in the background?

Thank you for your time, I s much appreciated.
Post a reply