Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Investor of the Year Awards 2015: Ralph Nicholson

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 17 Mar 2016, 12:00 AM Agree 0
From riding his bike across Death Valley in California to summiting Mount McKinley in Alaska, Ralph is the epitome of focus and determination. These qualities have also helped him build a high-performing property portfolio and earned him the Highly Commended award
  • Jane | 13 Mar 2017, 11:49 AM Agree 0
    I am a poor battling pensioner so this is of no help to me.
    • Ralph | 20 Apr 2017, 12:34 PM Agree 1
      Jane, I know a lady on the pension that has 7 rental properties. She works diligently on selecting properties that will aid her next purchase. You can do it if you have the desire.
    • Jane | 24 Mar 2020, 06:43 PM Agree 0
      In this case my pension is DSP and after rent my income is $358.50 @ week. I can't even afford to move to a cheap area. Can't move in with friends or family either. There is an important government department looking after a sizeable amount of money that is mine but they are refusing to let the money go to buy me a place. And Legal Aid won't help me specifically because of that sizeable amount I have. I have tried explaining to the government department that I can't afford rent and they dangled it in front of me as if I was going to get control of the money by sending an assessor to me but then it was after all baloney because a week later they said because of the corona virus they weren't going to do it anymore. You're Mr moneybags Ralph, so what would you care.
  • Huey breen | 15 Feb 2018, 05:03 PM Agree 0
    Ralph.. Matey..
    You can't be on the pension and have 7 investment properties..ok!
    (that's without being a shonKy crook with the properties in the kids names or some other cunning loophole and taking advantage of the public purse in this way when u don't really need to.. Legal or not.. it's weak and un-Australian)
    • Ralph | 24 Feb 2020, 05:23 PM Agree 0
      Huey, Research is the basis of good investing. I suggest you look into the type of pensions that allow you to have a pension and invest. It is all about the income.
      In this case it was a military pension and the term Un Australian no longer has any worth.
      I would say modern politicians are Un Australian and Bill Shortens attempt to stop negative gearing might slow serious investors but it stops mothers and fathers having 1 investment property.
      It cost him his job.
      It is also very legal to use trusts for investing.
      That should give you several hours of reading
  • Angalfaria | 26 May 2019, 04:55 AM Agree 0
    How you do this, Ralph?
  • Lachlan Murdoch | 10 Oct 2019, 06:02 PM Agree 0
    Ralph
  • Jane | 08 May 2020, 04:30 PM Agree 0
    Hi Ralph, you don't know me but I'd like to wish you a very happy and joyous 60th birthday for today. I think I met your older sister Theresa years ago in May of 1998 because you look a lot like her.
  • PhilipGreen | 29 Sep 2020, 09:59 PM Agree 0
    congrats Ralph Nicholson for award.
    “There is no shortcut for hard work that leads to effectiveness. You must stay disciplined because most of the work is behind the scenes.”
Post a reply