Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Is the Sydney ‘bubble’ getting ready to burst?

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 11 Oct 2017, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Fears were once again ignited by a new report from UBS
  • Great Australian Dream stolen by the boomers! | 11 Oct 2017, 04:13 PM Agree 0
    I look forward to the class action lawsuits once the market corrects and investment managers who ignored all logic and global risk advise are sued for continuing to promote Australian property as a sound financial investment!

The impact of the correction will be devastating and enjoyable to watch.

• Lars | 12 Oct 2017, 10:27 AM Agree 0
    I think it will likely drop a bit over the years, since Brisbane is getting attractive as well. We just have to see what is going to happen.

Cheers,

Lars

MadeComfy
  • Vicki K | 28 Oct 2017, 10:09 PM Agree 0
    Can't wait for the the baby boomers to lose all their super again. Serves them right for being so greedy.
  • Rich bitch | 07 Nov 2017, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    To the bitter comments above - negativity is why your probably not achieving your financial freedom. don’t resent and invest :)
  • Hawkeye | 07 Nov 2017, 03:10 PM Agree 0
    Unlikely in my suburb. New hospital infrastructure nearby, and a Demand-to-Supply Ratio of greater than 10:1 suggests the upward trend will continue for some time, at least here.

The correction will only come when interest rates start to rise again AND we have an unemployment problem.

This is only likely if the government makes a major mistake with its handling of the economy as there is a general gentle upward trend in the Australian and world economy in line with the 80-year cycle.

A more likely outcome is a slight decline followed by the market moving sideways for another 8 years. There will be no crash, especially not in Sydney as it is one of only two world-class knowledge economy hubs in Australia, the other being Melbourne. With such a massive housing shortage (see other article) demand will outstrip supply for some time.
Post a reply