Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.


Notify me of new replies via email
pattycake4 | 10 Nov 2014, 08:23 PM Agree 0
my daughter and her Boyfriend bought a block of land at mandalay Beveridge vic.
it was off the plan,they wanted contract subject to finance.Land Rep said developers
don't do that.and all you need is pre approval.they got pre approval.Six months later
land was titled,had land valved came back $35000 less than what they agreed to pay.
they can't fine the extra $35,000.What can they do.they were told when they raised
their concerns about not having subject to finance.Quote: in email you will be fine
you have pre approval.They are two hard working people,this seems to be happening
often.Hope someone can help
  • howard | 08 May 2015, 10:32 PM Agree 0
    From my point of view you should hire a real estate agent only he can give you some knowledge about it.
  • Lexus Conveyancing Melbourne | 28 Jul 2015, 03:41 PM Agree 0
    Hi Patty cake,
    I do not think that they can do much regarding property law however they may have a chance under consumer law. You should speak to a good lawyer. I can recommend one if you wish, good luck!
Post a reply