Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Looking for an investment property in Melbourne middle ring

Notify me of new replies via email
Arif | 05 Sep 2020, 07:44 PM Agree 0
Hi Guys , just wanted to know your view please - I wanted to invest in a house ( with at least 400sqm Land) somewhere in Melb middle ring - I am thinking of either Altona or viewbank . Budget appx 800k Appreciate your view Tks
  • Darren Venter | 09 Sep 2020, 04:56 PM Agree 0
    Hi Arif,

Hope all is well.

Are you looking to negative gear this purchase and is there a need for the property to be in these areas, eg; do you plan on doing work to the property yourself off or is there another reason?

Our 2-year growth projection is for Alton is sitting at a high 2% to 3%, however, it is at the bottom of its cycle. Viewbank is in a similar position at the bottom of the market, however, the vacancy rates here are a lot lower (1.3%) and are showing signs of further decline compared to Alton (3028 Altona Meadows-2.1% / 3025 Altona North-4.6% / 3018 Altona Alton-4.5%) and in times like these, if you're after growth, I would aim around VR as a first indicator.

With that said, there are higher rewarding areas within 2 hours from Melbourne CBD on a cashflow and growth level.

I hope that helps.
  • | 10 Sep 2020, 12:56 AM Agree 0
    Thanks Darren - yes negative gearing should be ok . I am looking for long term investment thus wanted to buy something in Melbourne middle ring around 800k . I like Altona and surrounding because of its proximity to city and benefit they will get once new west gate tunnel up and running . Viewbank has top public secondary school & and tends to benefit from north east link project - do you have any other area close to melb cbd that’s looks attractive for long term investment ? Tks
  • PhilipGreen | 29 Sep 2020, 09:42 PM Agree 0
    hi
    I suggest you to check all the real state companies, select 4,5 agent from different companies , collect data from them without knowing them, as a suggestion, then go with a reliable person. under laws
Post a reply