Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

NSW government could heavily regulate short-term rentals

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 24 Jul 2017, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Landlords may have to acquire a license and pay a levy to cover the costs of providing additional security and other costs
  • Greg | 24 Jul 2017, 04:02 PM Agree 1
    The government’s 'Options Paper' failed to distinguish between holiday homes and city short-term rentals, which is the focus of the issues that have created the need for this paper and subsequent enquiry into holiday homes. Sure Holiday home owners should be required to adhere to a strict code of conduct and required to register with a rental system. Additionally there should be a system for guests who have misused a property, who are responsible for the anti-social behaviour in question to have their details recorded so they do not go on and rent and abuse other holiday homes, possibly using existing frameworks like TICA.#EmeraldandAqua
Post a reply