Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

QLD households aren’t following smoke alarm legislation

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 05 Feb 2018, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Eighty percent of households don’t have a smoke alarm installed in the main bedroom, according to new research
  • IPESA | 05 Feb 2018, 04:13 PM Agree 0
    With the QLD legislation specifying that the alarms must meet AS3786:2014 and many alarms currenlty on the market only meeting the older AS3786:1996 standard, it is very confusing for home owners to make sure they've got a compliant alarm. Furthermore, with most interconnecting smoke alarms requiring an electrician to install them, the cost is quite substantial.

At ipesa we hope to launch a fully compliant interconnecting photoelectric smoke alarm powered by a 10 year battery for QLD house homeowners to DIY within the next month or two.
  • elvis | 03 Jul 2018, 11:34 AM Agree 0
    It's none of big brother's business if someone has smoke alarms or not. Personal safety is an individual responsibility at home. Also the rent seeking where the labor govt legislates for its mates in the electrical industry is pathetic.
    Article should read, 15% of population tell government to get stuffed over intrusive legislation.
  • Rod | 13 May 2019, 04:45 PM Agree 0
    If you have a rental property in Queensland you are almost certainly aware of the new rules. More than 450,000 properties have to upgrade their smoke alarms before the end of 2021, costing landlords a lot of money.

Many property managers may send their landlords just one quote for this work. I wanted to let Queensland landlords know that there is now a free service where they can instantly receive 3 independent quotations for their smoke alarm upgrades, saving them time and money. Landlords don't have to use their current smoke alarm service company to also do the upgrades when there is a better alternative.

To use this free service, visit Smoke Alarm Quotes and take it for a Test Drive. Smoke Alarm Quotes is not a smoke alarm company and we don't sell or service smoke alarms. We are an unbiased and independent comparison service.

I hope this helps all Queensland landlords save money.
Post a reply