Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Renting by the room

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 20 Mar 2009, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Renting your property out by the room can be a profitable strategy, but you need to be aware of the risks involved. We asked two experts for their guidance on how you can make it work
  • Barry | 17 Mar 2016, 12:15 PM Agree 0
    I bought an investment property with a friend with the view to move out once we have stayed in it for 6 months. We have separate mortgages.
    I have now moved out but she has decided to stay.
    If I rent out my room, is it still possible to negative gear?
  • propertyfan | 17 Mar 2016, 03:13 PM Agree 0
    Yes absolutely Barry, your half of the investment purchases will be tax deductible!
  • PR | 29 May 2016, 09:16 AM Agree 0

    I need some suggestion if anybody can help
    I lived in a shared accomodation for 3 weeks and there were four other tenants living there as well first of all the agent through whom i got the house didnt gave me the tenancy agreement and one day before i was about to left i saw a crack on the work top of the kitchen i don't know who is responsible for that one but the next day i have to leave and i asked agent for my deposit which was 260 pounds but he refused to give me that and started saying you have done the damage and you will be charged i told him that i have not this and i dont know who is responsible for this but then he said he will discuss with landlord then i kept on calling him fir 5 days he didnt responded to my calls and texts and finally on 5th day he answered his call and said your depisit will not be returned you have to oay for damage we will charge you more as well i told him i have not done this and now he is again not responding i dont who is the landlord and why im the only one stuck in this can any one suggest what can i do in this scenario
  • kingroot | 13 Jun 2016, 06:57 PM Agree 0
    i dont know what is going here, I can't even reply
  • OOH | 16 Apr 2018, 01:40 PM Agree 0
    Are there agents in NSW who help with managing and placing tenants for a boarding house, and can guarantee a minimum assured rent?
  • Angalfaria | 10 May 2019, 07:29 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for giving useful info. I want to give my risk to a real estate broker.
  • Angalfaria | 21 May 2019, 09:22 PM Agree 0
    It is an excellent article, as I say before that I want to give all my risk to a real estate broker by an agreement with fixed money. This strategy helps me or not? Any advice, please.
Post a reply