Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Unprofessional property manager

Notify me of new replies via email
Angie | 23 Jun 2018, 10:13 PM Agree 0
[Redacted] Realty Pty Ltd managed the rental of my property without telling me the tenant was living with the partner and 3 children ( tenancy agreement said 1 person only), she has history of not paying rental .
Tenants didn't pay on time from the beginning and stopped paying for 2 months,didn't pay water consumption for 4 months,breached the tenancy agreement and they run away after they destroyed a wall and didn't returned my keys,property manager terminated the agency agreement before the tenants left leaving me to fix their mistakes.
I'm very disappointed and broke as I'm just a pensioner
  • Property88 | 25 Jun 2018, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    Hi there, did you have landlord's insurance? If not you should be able to access the bond to help pay for these expenses. If the agency terminated the agreement unfairly you can contact the tenancy tribunal in your state or territory for assistance.
    • | 25 Jun 2018, 12:30 PM Agree 0
      Thanks for your information ,I got insurance which covers rent default only and the claim excess is. $ 800,which I don't have,I will try the tribunal,I found out the tenant has history with rental and water consumption arrears ,this information was hidden from me by [my] real estate
  • Jonathan | 14 Sep 2018, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    What a terrible story. It is such a shame, as agents like this give the rest of us a bad name. As a Property Manager owner, they would be insured for negligence. You could consider approaching the owners of that company, or franchise to offer financial compensation to you for their inabilities. If this does not work, then you do have the small claims court which will be available to you. Although you might have lost faith, seek out a good PM company and they will help you fix the issues, and get your retirement investment back on track. Good luck!
Post a reply