First published 12/08/2012
Step 1. Identify ‘hotspots’ with high recent growth, preferably in the last 12 months
Step 2. Find the neighbours
- Go to Google maps or some similar service and find your ‘hotspot’
- Jot down the list of immediate neighbours
- Jot down the next couple layers of neighbours as well, since the ripples will often extend out later on in the cycle
Step 3. Chart each suburbs’ growth
- Go to www.youinvestment propertymag.com.au and enter each of your suburbs’ names paying special attention to last 12 months of growth
- Compare your high growth suburb’s recent spike to its neighbours’ recent performance – the bigger the difference the greater the potential
Step 4. Check for ripple indicators
- Investors still need to check that the drivers of growth will likely have a similar effect on the neighbouring suburb, so it is important to check for demographic and lifestyle similarities
- Also, beware of large development in the area – this could be a ripple killer
Do you have more than $200k in your super fund? You could use your super to buy property - Find out how
Top Suburbs :
Get help with your investment property
Do you need help finding the right loan for your investment?
When investing in property, it is important to make sure that you not only have the lowest available rate that you can get, but also have the correct loan features for your needs.
Just fill in a few details below and we'll then arrange for a local Aussie Mortgage Broker to contact you and work out what features or types of loans are right for your needs. We'll even help with the paperwork. Plus and appointment is free.
We value your privacy and treat all your information seriously - you can check out