Home sellers were more satisfied with their property sales in June than in earlier months, with happiness levels hitting an all-year high, according to a new study by RateMyAgent.
The overall price satisfaction hit an annual high of 31%, up from 26% in April. RateMyAgent CEO Mark Armstrong said the growth in sale-price expectations suggests an early sign of a market recovery.
"Spring often sees an increase in the number of properties coming onto the market, which places downward pressure on real estate value. The rise of vendors selling property above expectation is good news for vendors, and as we look to the remainder of the year, we anticipate prices are likely to hold firm," he said.
Amongst all states, Tasmania reported the highest level of seller satisfaction, achieving 51% above expectation sale prices.
"Sydney and Melbourne are the engines of the recovery, while the smiles are widest in Tasmania. And, as we look to the spring market, there are plenty of reasons for optimism," Armstrong said.
Following Tasmania are the Australian Capital Territory (34%) and South Australia (32%), which retained their positions from the previous quarter.
Despite their capitals leading the overall housing growth, Victoria and New South Wales were in the middle in terms of seller happiness, recording respective satisfaction levels of 31% and 29%.
On the other hand, Queensland and Western Australia remained stuck in the doldrums, with seller satisfaction hitting 26% and 15%, respectively.
The list below shows the happiest places in Australia for sellers:
- Hobart TAS (56% net above)
- South-East TAS (53% net above)
- Central TAS (51% net above)
- Outer North Melbourne VIC (50% net above)
- The Mallee VIC (49% net above)
- Launceston TAS (47% net above)
- The Riverina NSW (46% net above)
- Mid-North Coast NSW (41% net above)
- Inner Melbourne VIC (38% net above)
- Inner West Sydney NSW (37% net above)
- Southern Melbourne VIC (36% net above)
- Central Highlands and Goldfields VIC (36% net above)
- North Western NSW (36% net above)
- Northern Melbourne VIC (35% net above)
- Western Melbourne VIC (34% net above)
- Metropolitan Adelaide SA (34% net above)
- Canberra ACT (34% net above)
- Canberra Region NSW (33% net above)
- North-East VIC (32% net above)
- Central West NSW (31% net above)
Top Suburbs :
east victoria park
Get help with your investment property
Do you need help finding the right loan for your investment?
When investing in property, it is important to make sure that you not only have the lowest available rate that you can get, but also have the correct loan features for your needs.
Just fill in a few details below and we'll then arrange for a local mortgage broker to contact you and work out what features or types of loans are right for your needs. We'll even help with the paperwork. Plus an appointment is free.
We value your privacy and treat all your information seriously - you can check out