Short-term rental businesses like Airbnb have thrived over the years, and succeeding in an increasingly competitive market becomes a more important goal today.
The new research from short-term rental management company MadeComfy found professional furnishing and photography as a substantial factor in setting your property apart from the others in the market.
MadeComfy’s research revealed that nightly rates for properties with high-quality photos and design can be up to 66% higher than those without.
Here are tips on furnishing and styling for a short-term rental property, according to Kate Walsh, MadeComfy’s interior stylist.
1. Select a theme for the property and play around with decoration elements that match the style of the suburb. This step will not only make guests happy but will also attract prospective renters. Remember that guests usually like to take pictures during trips and post on social media so it should be a goal to leave a good impression. It is advised that you go for modern styling for rental properties in inner-city areas where you are competing with hotels.
2. Having good quality furniture is a must. Cheap furniture makes guests less comfortable and is also less durable. When deciding on what pieces of furniture to use, make sure don't clash with one another. Always consider the sizes, too. Oversized furniture can make a space feel smaller, while undersized furniture and artwork can seem lost within a space. It all affects the harmony of a room.
3. Investing in quality mattress and bedding is part of completing the guests’ experience. It is important to keep in mind that a good night’s sleep is a big element of your guests’ comfort. The research revealed that three hundred-plus thread count linen is worth the extra cost— it is not only more comfortable, but it also washes well and lasts for longer than cheaper materials. Opting for beddings in whites or pale colours gives a cleaner look to the bed.
4. Also add large pieces of furniture in bright colours, and include colourful decorative elements such as cushions, lamps and artwork. Not only do they look great, but they help your property stand out on booking portals. Minute details such as couch throws and bed runners can help make a property appear luxurious and elegant.
5. Lastly, plants play an important role in decorating. They can add life to properties, especially those situated in urban areas. It is best to use indoor plants that are easy to care for, long-lasting, and do not require too much water.
Top Suburbs :
Get help with your investment property
Do you need help finding the right loan for your investment?
When investing in property, it is important to make sure that you not only have the lowest available rate that you can get, but also have the correct loan features for your needs.
Just fill in a few details below and we'll then arrange for a local Aussie Mortgage Broker to contact you and work out what features or types of loans are right for your needs. We'll even help with the paperwork. Plus an appointment is free.
We value your privacy and treat all your information seriously - you can check out