Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

anyone selling?

Notify me of new replies via email
| 05 Apr 2011, 11:17 PM Agree 0

Anyone one of those poor vendors in this market? Are you selling or are you holding off?
  • Mortgageandlease | 06 Apr 2011, 11:28 PM Agree 0
    Holding off.
  • Eos Property | 28 Aug 2011, 07:02 AM Agree 0

Used to be a 'buy and holder' but wife and I have recently modified and updated investment strategy due to changing market conditions.

Peter Spann, in his fist book, advocates a long term buy and hold strategy expect when; someone makes you an offer too good to refuse, or you need to shoot the dogs (underperforming properties) or you can put your money to better use.

Given the changing market conditions and my estimation for a flat period ahead of us for a couple of years we have changed investment strategy so we are selling a few underperformers so we can redirect funds to more profitable ventures.

We are now joining small groups of investors and will be employing a development manager to manage projects on our behalf and we get to keep the 'developer's profits'.

Methinks we (the collective we) need to be more creative with our investing and full feasibilities are showing really attractive rental returns (16/17% in one case) and a kick start to capital gains (up to $165K in one case). This project means we ill be able to continue to expand portfolio after the redirect of funds.
  • Jamie M | 28 Aug 2011, 08:27 AM Agree 0
    Anyone one of those poor vendors in this market? Are you selling or are you holding off?

Nope - I'm looking to take advantage of the current market and start buying again in the next 6 months. I doubt there will be a dramatic reduction in price but I feel that things will stay flat, and perhaps drop a little, within the area that I'm currently concentrating on.

Cheers

Jamie
  • Allen Real Estate | 01 Nov 2011, 01:33 AM Agree 0
    There are some motivated sellers to be found now, plenty of people are taking their property off the market in Brisbane if they aren't getting their price though. Also there are more mortgagee in possession sales, plenty of people still looking for what is seen as a bargain though. One recent mortgagee sale we offered on had seven competing contracts.
  • hassan | 15 Jul 2012, 06:44 AM Agree 0
    In open Market If you visit and want to Spend your investment You have Chance. because in this Time All over Market Dolor Rates Up and Down.Business man Move in to International Level market. Because Trading Business give quick Earning From the open market...