Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
| 12 Jun 2012, 05:35 AM Agree 0
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has read Seven Steps to Accelerated Wealth by author John L Fitzgerald. Please suggest some good books for property investment, tax planning & superannuation strategies.

• Eos Property | 12 Jun 2012, 11:40 PM Agree 0
    Hi Smarty,

Read the JF's book 10+ years ago. Thought it was an OK read at the time. Like most property books of this nature then is nothing earth shattering and revealing in it. But then property is pretty much like that - basic and boring and generally speaking needing a lot of time for success.

From memory JF's strategy is to buy as many houses as you can and then do a staged sell down process to reduce overall debt levels and improve net rent return. The rent then becomes a cornerstone to any retirement strategy.

Just bear in mind the book, in my opinion, is part educative and part marketing as JF's company does sell house and land packages to their clients.

Other authors I found of interest were (in no particular order)

Jan Somers:
    Peter Spann:
    Michael Yardney:
    Steve McKnight:

While I haven't read her stuff some people speak highly of Margaret Lomas' books.

I wouldn't race out and buy all of the above author's books but spend sometime on ebay or the local library and you may get lucky.

I believe that no one strategy (or book for that matter) is perfect for everyone. I found by reading widely I was able to pick the eyes out of each and merge into a 'me' strategy.
Post a reply