Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Brisbane worth a punt?

Notify me of new replies via email
| 29 Feb 2012, 12:58 AM Agree 0
Hi all,

What does everyone think about Brisbane at the moment? I've been reading some good news about the city - needed after last year's floods. Is anyone betting on a comeback there? Are some areas still no-go zones for investors?

Cheers
  • Allen Real Estate | 29 Feb 2012, 10:25 PM Agree 0
    Michael Matusik's latest thoughts on Brisbane

http://matusikmissive.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/missive-extra-next-stop-brisbane/

If the block is dry then it's fair game I think, some suburbs have developed a reputation hit and anything flood affected has been impacted as well.
  • blinded | 02 Mar 2012, 12:28 AM Agree 0
    "Brisbane is at the bottom of the cycle and is set to improve." Sounds promising.
  • OpenHouseRG | 09 May 2012, 11:56 PM Agree 0
    Whatever people tell you about flood risks or the past flood history of a suburb, make sure you do your homework thoroughly. Most of a suburb may indeed have been spared by recent disasters, but the odd street may well have been affected, and in a pretty serious way too.

So talk to locals and, most importantly, to agents who know the area they’re in charge of. It is a simple thing to do but one you cannot overlook!

Follow this link to a flood map of the area you’re interested in: http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/community/community-safety/disasters-and-emergencies/types-of-disasters/flooding/understanding-your-flood-risk/flood-flag-map/index.htm

Open House Realty Group

• Kris | 04 Jul 2012, 05:59 AM Agree 0
    I also think that the Brisbane market is at the bottom of the cycle. I would consider most deals within 10km of the CBD at the moment.

Cheers
    Kris
  • APWPG | 29 Jul 2012, 06:18 AM Agree 0
    Hi Guys ,
    If you think Brisbane has bottomed out ,you are right ,but if are thinking of making a living out of property ,then there are other areas where you can make a killing ,but the main thing comes down to research and knowledge.I know of some one who has this in very deep . I can pass on to his details if you need it .Knowledge is money ,good knowledge will make you a lot of money ,you have to spend money any way either you spend it up front or in the end .If you spend it upfront you make money and if not then in the end you lose it any way .But this person will show you how to spend less and get more .Cheers and happy investing
Post a reply