Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Council Contributions?

Notify me of new replies via email
Newbie! | 11 Sep 2013, 07:08 PM Agree 0
Hello,

My partner and I are looking at developing in Melbourne's west but have had difficulty trying to find out how much council contributions will be. We have spoken to the council and the Contributions Officer isn't the most friendly or helpful man around. He stated that we need to contribute 5%. Now we are unsure of where that needs to be calculated from. Is it 5% of the total development cost? Or a particular amount per lot?

If anyone has any information regarding the Wyndham City Council that would be fantastic!
  • Eos Property | 11 Sep 2013, 10:24 PM Agree 0
    I would start with the Department of Planning and Community Development website.

Seems pretty comprehensive and there are numerous downloads if you like reading.

They can also be called on 9208 3333.

This sort of thing does my head in and that is one of the reasons we employ a development manager to manage our projects on behalf of clients. After sitting on the sideline watching the development manager at work I am not sure I would consider a development unless I had heaps of time, money and knowledge.

Hope this helps
Post a reply