Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Depreciation 101

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 09 Jul 2010, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Tyron Hyde explains the basics of depreciation and how it can boost your tax savings.
  • Louise | 15 Dec 2012, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    What happens with depreciation for a building purchased prior to 1985, can the account estimate a figure?
  • Madaline | 17 Dec 2012, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    Does this article help?
    http://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.com.au/article/how-one-year-can-make-all-the-difference-145087.aspx
  • Andrew | 17 May 2014, 09:47 AM Agree 0
    How can I find out if my property has an existing schedule or not?
  • YIP | 11 Sep 2014, 05:02 PM Agree 0
    @Andrew. Contact Tyron Hyde! He is the CEO of Washington Brown and is considered one of Australia’s leading experts in property tax depreciation. He is also a registered tax agent. Washington Brown manages construction costs worth over $2 billion and completes 10,000 schedules annually.

e: Tyron@washingtonbrown.com.au

w: www.washingtonbrown.com.au
  • Monica | 17 Sep 2014, 01:20 AM Agree 0
    Hi, I am in the process of purchasing an investment property which has had the backyard cleared and presently has about 150m2 of turned over soil ready for landscaping. Our initial thoughts are to make a couple of garden beds and turf the remaining amount however I am unsure if these components (turf, plants, mulch) are tax deductable? If so are they depreciable or just a straight tax deduction. I am also not sure about the timing to install/landscape as the property will be handed over at settlement without tenants so if I do this work before they move in can I still claim it? or should I negotiate with the tenants to do it after they have started paying rent?
  • Ava Clemes | 21 Aug 2015, 05:09 PM Agree 0
    I always like awesome and full of information articles and it is a very nice article on property depreciation
Post a reply