Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
John | 22 Jul 2013, 09:49 PM Agree 0
I would be interested to know other investor experiences in Gracemere. I am having to substantially reduce the weekly rent on my property over there. I was under the impression, when I decided to purchase an off-the plan property, that there was a lot of infrastructure being built and that people were moving into the area. According to real estate agents over there, the situation is fairly flat. Does anyone know what the future potentially holds for Gracemere?
  • Sue | 25 Jul 2013, 01:35 PM Agree 0
    My husband and myself have also purchased a property in Gracemere. We recently got a tenant but the rent was about $25 a week less than we expected.

We are remaining optimistic that things will pick up in the next couple of years when the surplus of new properties on the market dries up.

But if there is anyone out there that can offer a professional opinion I would be interested also.
  • Sharp Properties CQ | 05 May 2014, 10:44 PM Agree 0
    I note that this was posted almost 12 months ago but interested to know your thoughts now? Are you finding it has picked up? Experienced any lengthy vacancy delays etc?
  • Gracemere Investor | 15 Jul 2014, 04:37 PM Agree 0
    In my opinion the market is getting worse in Gracemere. The market is over supplied with uninformed interstate investors that don't do their resource. The demand for rentals in Gracemere is very low and I have had to reduce my weekly asking rent substantially to compete with others who drop their rent so low juts get a tenant. I have heard rumours that there will be a substantial amount of houses being built this year, flooding the market even more. It is a very difficult market to sell and to rent. I caution anyone investing in Gracemere, the short to medium term future does not look good.
Post a reply