Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Hands off negative gearing, warns REIA

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 23 Oct 2013, 03:00 PM Agree 0
A report issued earlier this week slamming government housing policies has compelled the Real Estate Institute of Australia to defend negative gearing, claiming its removal would be ‘short-sighted'
  • vk | 24 Oct 2013, 05:32 PM Agree 0
    What a load of bull...negative gearing is the main reason property is so expensive in our country which has one the lowest density per person in the world...
  • Pascoe | 24 Oct 2013, 10:03 PM Agree 0
    Fine, get rid of negative gearing and then I can jack the rents up by 50%.
    Doesn't bother me vk how I get growth whether its capital gain or income.
  • Sam | 25 Oct 2013, 12:01 AM Agree 0
    Yep, the REIA parasites are at it again!

Title should have been, "hands off our nice little unfair tax dodge"

Why should people who work for their money subsidise those who want to leverage up and play little donald trump speculators?

But thats just how it works in this country, the productive labour force get no incentives, but the unproductive get all the benefits and welfare.
  • Matt | 25 Oct 2013, 08:41 AM Agree 0
    There is a proverb in Persian that a mad threw a stone in a well that now 100 wise man are not able to take it out. the story of negative grearing is the same. It was as a medicine for a patient yo treat a pian (lack of enough rental property) but this patient addicted to it and now the problem is this patient found this medicine very sweet and cannot live without it in site of its devastating side effects. This patient used to over react to any attempt to stop its addiction. But as any other sort of addiction, this patient must stop it with all its pains and suffers.
    Matt
  • Pascoe | 25 Oct 2013, 12:45 PM Agree 0
    I will say it again........Get rid of negative gearing.....just don't start crying when your rents go through the roof.
  • Paul | 07 Nov 2013, 03:40 PM Agree 0
    No negative gear, then no land tax and no capital gains. By negative gear the Government become your partner and share in the spoils too.
Post a reply