Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Home purchase and Subdivision

Notify me of new replies via email
Paul | 10 Apr 2013, 06:50 PM Agree 0
Hi everyone,
I've come to realise that it is time to purchase a property and start up a portfolio. Im currently 27 years old and from Sydney, NSW.

My plan is to purchase a home with the required area of land to subdivide it in the future and develop duplexes on it. Once I find a home to purchase I plan to rent it out for a period of 5 years then develop the property as I will have finished my university studies.

I am in the process of getting my pre approval where I will be able to loan approximately $800,000.

I am looking in the area around my home suburb Bexley, Sydney. Prices are really high for houses over 700sqm. So my question is what are the good suburbs in Sydney where I could purchase house and land with the potential to subdivide in the future?

Also if anyone thinks my plan is going to fall to shreds due to anything at all please let me know.

Thanks guys!
  • Mark Coburn | 16 Apr 2013, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    I think you could build a portfolio much quicker with less risk buying with a more predictable strategy. I give free 30 minute property investment analyse interviews that you may find helpful.
    Mark Coburn
    0405 243 547
  • Don Nicolussi | 23 Apr 2013, 03:16 PM Agree 0
    Hi Paul - investing in property is not new and everything that you are about to do has been done before. However, this is a god thing dare I say great thing. If I may be so bold I would suggest a short cut for you.
    If you are looking a property development then immediately reseach properties on the market that have a current DA or development approval.
    By doing your due dilligence on this type of property you will come to learn exactly what the requirements are at your local council to make a project work.
    There is nothing worse that going to council with your new purchase only to find out that the site you have in not suitable.
    Do the numbers and most of all look at your site costs. Learn quickly what type of site is easy to develope and above all start with an easy one! If you want to know me just email me at
Post a reply