Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to invest compensation money?

Notify me of new replies via email
John | 24 Oct 2013, 10:12 PM Agree 0
Hi guys,

A little background first I guess. I'm 37 now and in the final stages of work cover for a pretty serious back injury suffered 2 years ago. While no one is willing to put a $ amount on the table just yet I've been lead to beilive it should be 400k + after legal fees.... Fingers crossed anyway since they can't repair the back.

I currently rent a small flat on the beach for $850 a month and then got to wondering if the compensation reaches the hoped amount would I be better of buying myself a nice house or 2 small flats and renting one? I'm currently single with no kids and there's a strong possibility it could be several more years before I can work if at all so I'm starting to research now the best ways to invest the money.

I'd appreciate any advice on these or any other options I should be researching.
  • Mark Coburn | 29 Oct 2013, 11:48 AM Agree 0
    To have the greatest chance at success in property investing, you need to buy the right 1st property. A Buyer's Agent can help you do that, but what does a Buyer’s Agent do?

1. Professional research. Decades of market knowledge, access to industry statistics, and great knowledge base that comes from doing it day after day, year after year.

2. Access to off market deals. Yes that's right, a lot of real estate sales are never advertised. We find out about projects up to year before the market.

3. The best price and the best investment returns. Buyer’s Agents have far more negotiation power then a retail buyer can ever have.

4. Your buyer's agent will provide you with cash-flow projections, detailed purchase costs, find you the best finance deal, and work on your behalf during the purchase process.

I would be happy to answer any of your questions. Have a great day and happy investing. Mark Coburn : Buyer’s Agent & Property Investment Advisor
    M: 0405 243 547
Post a reply