Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Investing overseas - Vanuatu

Notify me of new replies via email
| 30 Nov 2011, 01:54 AM Agree 0
I visited Vanuatu back in 2010 and spoke to a number of couples from NZ who had left it all behind to start anew in the tropical paradise that is Vanuatu. The couples I had spoken to had purchased businesses (a resort and a tour company) and were happy with the choices they had made.

I was wondering if anyone had any stories about themselves or others investing in property in Vanuatu (or similar places) as it might be something I would be interested in for the future.

Cheers, Luke.
  • Mick C | 03 Jan 2012, 07:16 AM Agree 0
    Funny enough my sister came back from Vanuatu and was telling me about the high rental return on properties there- around 19%, with a purchase price of $120,000...however as they say " high return = high risk" - so upon further research we found;

1. It's not easy to rent out the place; as most "renters/tenants" are overseas visitors and most O/S visitors preferred hotels/resorts - so it has a high vacancy rate

2. Locals are poor- def wont be renting the property in question at that rental asking price..

3. Very high crime rate ( theft / break in)

4. Limited insurance .... sigh

Def not my kettle of fish...

• Eos Property | 04 Jan 2012, 09:37 AM Agree 0
    Given the low standardof living amongst many of the indigenous people any investments made would need to be on the back of what can be done to/with tourists and ex pats.

Nice place to visit but you wouldn't get me spending any of my investment dollars there.
  • Bennett | 09 Apr 2012, 11:53 AM Agree 0
    Thanks so much for this post. You've shared so much insight and information that is greatly appreciated.
  • hudda | 16 May 2012, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    wholesale printingis sharing great information with us .
  • Bennett | 04 Jun 2012, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    Vanuatu is a beautiful island nation that is extremely enticing with its beautiful sights and diverse culture. However, it is also one of the best locations for investment as well in today’s current economic climate. Vanuatu offers all interested investors a very stable political environment and a consistent commitment demonstrated from the government dedicated to the growth of the country. Aside from a very unique tax haven status, many investors are able to rest assured that both the central bank and the government have proven track records when it comes to a sound monetary and fiscal policy. The commitment made by the authorities looking to promote Vanuatu as a safe destination for business has enabled the country to rise to the top, above all other Pacific island nations in the 2011 International Finance Corporation’s “Doing Business Report.” It is extremely rare to find a unique combination of a tropical paradise mixed with a fiscal paradise, but it does exist in Vanuatu.
    Property Management Program
  • Markjames220 | 12 Jun 2012, 08:07 AM Agree 0
    Vanuatu is Fantastic. The best thing about Vanuatu, though, is that you feel safe & happy here. Vanuatu's weather varies from wet tropical in the north to subtropical in the south. November to April is the wet season. December to March is cyclone time. Now it is one of the superlative locations for investment as well in today’s current economic climate.
  • millennium | 05 Jul 2012, 09:31 AM Agree 0
    The overseas properties are bought and sold by many people nowadays.If you want to buy a property then property management anchorage ak is the best to deal in properties.This system deals in overseas properties whether it is commercial or residential property.The property investment is the best business nowadays.This gives a lot of money in if you are interested in properties then our system is the best in it.
Post a reply