Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Investors bank on distressed property listings

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 31 Jan 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Australia’s distressed property listing numbers are on the up, according to new research, with private investors and SMSFs swooping in to capitalise on this trend.

• andy | 02 Feb 2012, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    there is something very wrong when a person who owns 50 houses gets a tax break for these investments ..
  • Shane | 03 Feb 2012, 06:09 PM Agree 0
    Yes, but take away those tax breaks, know-one buys investment properties, than the government is left to find rental accomodation for families. It is far cheaper for the government to give landlords tax breaks then to try and supply rental accomodation for families themselves. I also think the government wouldnt pay for these rental houses for families themselves, they would charge more taxes to Average Joe. So yes, lets get rid of the rental tax breaks and tax EVERYONES (including non-rental prop owners) more on their income. You also fail to realise that the person recieving the tax breaks on these 50 properties will eventually pay capital gains tax (if sold) and/or income tax (if not sold) on these properties.
  • Clayton | 01 Dec 2012, 07:04 PM Agree 0
    Does anybody know what websites you can find these pre foreclosure/distressed properties on? I've heard their is 2 or 3 different websites.

Cheers
  • Madaline | 03 Dec 2012, 03:55 PM Agree 0
    Hi Clayton. I have successfully used NMD data's website to find distressed properties. nmddata.com.au
Post a reply