Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Investor's guide to landlord insurance

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 13 Aug 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Think your landlord insurance covers you for all eventualities? Think again. Your Investment Property delves into the fine print, explores how to cover your back and how to make a successful claim
  • Godfrey | 14 Aug 2012, 07:43 PM Agree 0
    I have recently made a claim of NRMA for malicious damage and loss of rent. They advised me that Landlord policy does not cove malicious damage and they split the claim between Landlord and Building thereby charging two lots of excess ($300.00 and $500.00).
  • Greg | 25 Sep 2012, 04:19 PM Agree 0
    Insurances companies should be required to make public every claim they reject or reduce, listing the type of policy, the excess the customer had to pay and the reason. Honest Insurance Companies would be proud to provide that raw information because there would be very few times they would reject or reduce a claim, keeping clients names confidential of course.
  • Janice Stephens | 24 Oct 2012, 08:23 AM Agree 0
    I have read through your advise, which I find very thorough and clear.
    There are so many things about insurance that the general person doesn't understand.
    It is refreshing to find a site that explains every issue and gives advise on the correct procedures to follow when taking insurance. I have ensured over the phone on a number of policies and am horrified to find out that my claims may be compromised by this.
    Thankyou for your advise.

Post a reply