Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Landlords, not just tenants, need to understand responsibilities

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 15 Feb 2016, 09:29 AM Agree 0
Life for everybody involved in a tenancy agreement would be made a lot easier if landlords, not just tenants, had a strong understanding of their responsibilities
  • Gregory | 15 Feb 2016, 03:50 PM Agree 0
    Using a Property Manager? Wish it was true. Sadly no guarantee you will be better off because it’s damn hard to find one that’s at least semi good at their job.
    Take for example one I used. She had 32 years’ experience. The principle spruiked her as a "Senior" property manager, wealth of knowledge, decades experience, etc. However she thought it would be a brilliant idea to fill in the blank spaces left by the tenant on a bond release form. Deduct monies unbeknown to me, and without producing receipts to the tenant. In fact half of the work taken out of the bond hadn’t even been quoted for!
    THE LAW: Turns out no matter what rule/law ANY agent’s property manager breaks, the Tenancy Tribunal comes after YOU the Landlord. “Property manager was acting on your behalf.” Now that’s what I call the ultimate “Get out of Jail Free Card”. Bravo! goes to the Real Estate Industry for arranging that cosy little escape tunnel with the Tenancy Tribunal. Using the Landlord as the Fall Guy.
    Only recourse for the Landlord is that dark alley called Consumer Affairs.
    Picture this. The Tenant and Landlord both siting at opposite ends of the Tenancy Tribunal table with only one thing in common. Both are victims of fraud by the absent Senior Property Manager. All I can say is the Law’s an ass.
  • Janet | 15 Feb 2016, 09:35 PM Agree 0
    It is true that really hard to find a good property manager. call 10 times, may reply you once.
Post a reply