Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

looking to invest in property

Notify me of new replies via email
kauriR | 17 May 2016, 06:11 PM Agree 0
Hi I'm 24 years old single work in the construction mining industry in wa looking at investing in property just seeing if anyone has tips? Where to look at buying ? Good mortgage brokers ? And so forth any info is good info thanks in advance.
  • JR | 22 May 2016, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    Hi I am 23 and in the construction mining industry as well I just brought my first home in South Brisbane I am living in it for the first year then I will assess my situation and might change it to an investment and rent it out.
    I know Logan area isn't the nicest place in Brisbane but there is good and bad everywhere. I do believe it will be a great investment area as some of the suburbs around that area are a lot nicer then people realises example Shalier park, Tanah Merah, LoganHolme and Cornubia are very affordable house prices, You get more value for money in those suburbs with a decent size block. The Hyperdome is right there with public transport all around those areas, also new development soon to be happening and a I believe the commonwealth games in a couple of years at the gold coast 30 mins South and having the Brisbane CBD 30mins north I believe there will be a lot more people to come to the area which will eventually move those ( Logan bogans) to the outer suburb areas as house prices will start to rise, there rents will to.
    Everyone has a different opinion to be honest I think there is a good and bad everywhere so I went for land size & value for money.
    I don't think you will loose being in the middle of Brisbane CBD & the Gold coast.
    I hope my opinion has helped you :)
  • A Property Guy | 24 May 2016, 07:06 PM Agree 0
    Hey, I agree - SE Queensland is definitely one of the best places to invest at the moment.. Not a lot happening in the other capitals. Perth has been impacted by resources and mining slowing down. Sydney and Melbourne are at the top of the property cycle - over the last 3 years there has been a huge spike in house prices - most likely overall values will reduce at some point in the next 7 years. No growth at all in Adelaide or Hobart. Same story in NT.

SE QLD there is a bunch of infrastructure spending going on. They have the light rail being extended on the Gold Coast, a few new big shopping centres between the Coast and Brisbane, new schools, new highway system out Ipswich way with a New Airfield out there creating jobs. Population growth is pretty steady as is the job growth. Should be a goer.

Post a reply