Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Lowest required free income for property investment.

Notify me of new replies via email
Josh | 21 Sep 2013, 12:47 PM Agree 0
Hi guys,

Uni student here in a pretty good situation where I have roughly 10k which I'd have free after purchasing essentials each year.
Currently I spend most of this on crap, but am thinking I'd rather invest for the future.
I'm just wondering whether this amount of $$ is enough to buy into the market and maintain a mortgage each year?
I vaguely know about investment from my parents and do understand it costs quite a bit, however if I were to choose the right mortgage option could this be possible?

Or even if I were to find some people to chip in to a syndicate-like situation, how much would be required on top of this?

Cheers,
Josh
  • Vanessa | 24 Sep 2013, 02:03 PM Agree 0
    As a general rule for a first investment property I would look to getting at least a 10% deposit on the property you are looking to buy. Remember you also need around $30,000 to cover for stamp duty and other fees/costs.

Keep saving, 10k deposit doesn't give you many options in this day and age of property prices.
  • WEALTHPOD | 25 Sep 2013, 12:03 PM Agree 0
    Hi Josh,
    This is Lee form Wealthpod if you genuinely need help and would like me to review your situation I am more than happy to speak to you.
    you can contact me anytime on 0401 733 262
Post a reply