Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Most common complaints against landlords

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 29 Nov 2012, 10:26 AM Agree 0
An online tenant portal has revealed what tenants are most likely to dislike about you and your property
  • Greg | 03 Dec 2012, 01:38 PM Agree 0
    It's a tough gig being a property owner. Door frames and skirting boards chewed out by animals, holes punched in walls, doors kicked in, missing light covers, pet hair by the bucket load, garbage left in the yard. In 13 years I've yet to get my property back anywhere near to the 5 star motel room condition it was rented out. Tenants treat your property like pigs, and in my opinion the majority of property managers out there (51%+), Senior or any other title they care to use. Couldn't run the free drink stand at the Easter Show.

Property Managers and Tenants are a lucky dip.
  • Pascoe | 17 Jan 2013, 02:44 PM Agree 0
    Have to agree with you there Greg. After a tenant has left a property I am renting it is never left in the cleanliness state I initially leased it in to them. At the end of a lease I am always the one that has to go back in and clean it up ready for the next tenants. Can't get the tenants that are leaving to do it either as you have to go to VCAT which in any case it would be ruled to be "fair wear and tear".
    The last re-lease I had, they left the bathroom floor with the white grout turned black. They refused to clean it, but was advised by prop manager to "let it go" as VCAT would rule in their favour. So this time around I left the bathroom floor in a disgusting state for the next tenants to live in. I figure if tenants want to live like this than so be it. It's better to leave it like shit and at least you know you will get it back in the same condition.
Post a reply