Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Off the plan spruikers and developers set to face increased scrutiny

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 11 Sep 2015, 05:52 AM Agree 0
Sunset clauses, commissions and floor space issues to be the subject of reformed legislation
  • Mitch | 12 Sep 2015, 09:14 AM Agree 0
    You can add JDL Strategies to that list. High pressure sales tactics, make you pay for parking in their building which cost about $60 and they know so they can get you committed to the process, threaten you with legal action if you get cold feet!

It's a joke and the credit ombudsmen was powerless to stop that behavior! The regulators need to be able top conduct sting operations on these firms and sense for themselves. If they did they would get shut down very quick!
    • John Henry | 14 Sep 2015, 03:39 PM Agree 0
      Yes, you are right Mitch,

I was also almost got tricked to buy quite expensive H&L package back then in 2011 in Coomera QLD for $450k (3/2/2).

Their commission was around $8500. Luckily I was able to back out the deal but I have to forgo $880 as the joining fee.

What's your story mate ?
    • John Henry | 14 Sep 2015, 03:41 PM Agree 0
      Yes, you are right Mitch JDL strategies is very crafty and highly sophisticated spruikers.

I was also almost got tricked to buy quite expensive H&L package back then in 2011 in Coomera QLD for $450k (3/2/2).

Their commission was around $8500. Luckily I was able to back out the deal but I have to forgo $880 as the joining fee.

What's your story mate ?
Post a reply