Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Oversupply floods Perth residential market

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 24 Mar 2015, 12:55 PM Agree 0
Perth’s housing market has “tipped the scales to oversupply” amid slowing sales and rising construction, according to an industry body.
  • Stop and think | 24 Mar 2015, 03:21 PM Agree 0
    "there has rarely been such a good time to buy"
    That is terrible advice. It's clearly the back of a boom. All the indicators point to things getting far worse before they get better. Good advice would be: take advantage of falling rents, save as much of a deposite as you can while the market falls then buy. Don't pay top dollar now and risk riding the crash until you're in negative equity. Real estate agents are as slippery as used car salesmen.
    • Ipfma | 25 Mar 2015, 05:29 PM Agree 0
      Well said my good man..!!!
  • Josh | 31 Mar 2015, 01:25 PM Agree 1
    Perth house prices dont crash. They level out for extended periods before rising again. Therefore its ok to buy now. Perhaps the paranoia will allow you to lowball a price and pick up a bargain.
    • | 21 Jun 2015, 10:51 PM Agree 0
      I agree. Esp inner city suburbs. People will just hold on cause their egg is just nesting. However from what i hear....could be nesting quite awhile. Theirs alwYs a bargin if someones willing to take a cheeky offer.
  • Bill | 14 Apr 2015, 07:57 PM Agree 0
    Perth house prices don't crash Josh? Your about to see it mate
  • MTR | 03 May 2015, 02:31 PM Agree 0
    That's incorrect, Perth market crashed in late 2006/2007 and blue chip high end has not yet fully recovered.
  • tee | 04 May 2015, 04:03 PM Agree 0
    Not particularly true...perth is currently under supply at the moment.
  • sugar sword fighter | 05 Jun 2015, 12:11 AM Agree 0
    Barnett has stuffed the perth market quite badly and now we are in massive oversupply. First home buyers have been conned with $10,000 to build instead of buying quality established homes in areas closer to infrastructure. These homes are now going for a song compared with what they should have been sold for. Barnett is quite openly saying to all perth home owners to take a long walk off a short pier and we shouldnt take it. Go after him and make him accountable for destroying the equity of hard working home owners.

• martin | 07 Jun 2015, 06:08 AM Agree 0
    As a bricklayer we have had a great past 20 year with a couple slow months do you remember when perth property prices trippled in three yrs we have had amazing growth in housing prices But heres the thing perths average house price a decade ago was 80k now its 540k how much were you paid a decade ago i know my rates as a bricky havent gone up. So whos making all the money . Things are about too come too a sudden stop the economy is running on massive credit bubbbles whos really making heaps of cash anybody whos being paid from the benefits of credit Hold on too your hats folks we will see the ecomony implode.
  • Don | 17 Jun 2015, 12:08 AM Agree 0
    Has anyone got any experience in dealing with Infinite Wealth? They seem to think it is a good time to buy, I am a little hesitant but it sounds like they have a lot of experience in the perth market.
Post a reply