Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Purchasing a property well under market value as an Executor to a Will

Notify me of new replies via email
SusieQ | 14 Mar 2017, 10:03 PM Agree 0
My sister has recently purchased my mother's property located in Gundary (near Goulburn NSW) way under market value and has had my mother also pay for renovations and an extension on the property after the sale. She paid $400,000 in December 2016 for the property which was valued at $780,000 at the end of 2015 in an area where real estate values are increasing weekly. This deal was arranged in a cloak and dagger fashion without any consultation with my brother and myself. My mother is 76yo and has Parkinsons Disease, my sister is also the Executor to my mother's will. I am assuming that my sister has not paid the appropriate stamp duty that would normally have applied if the property was sold for the market value and has saved herself in excess of $17,000 on that alone. My concern is for the welfare of my mother and the depletion of the inheritance that would have been distributed more fairly between all siblings upon my mother's death not to mention the cost of care for mum now and the fact that the amount of money she has received for the sale of the property will quickly be swallowed up by requests from my sister to improve it. Where do I go for more information on my mother's rights as well as the rights to others involved?
Post a reply