Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Russell Island and positive gearing

Notify me of new replies via email
Alistair 2.0 | 16 Aug 2015, 07:59 AM Agree 0
Being honest straight up. I am a Real Estate Agent at LJhooker Bay islands, on Russell Island. However, the discussion is really about where else in Australia can you purchase property that, not only is low risk, but has rental returns far greater than the outlay? I own 5 properties here, and as a 28 year old Sydney boy, now living on the island, I don't understand why this place has not exploded. I have land on my books from $15k and houses from $150k (with rental prices averaging between $200 - $250pw)

Is it that people have never heard if this place? Situated literally half way between Gold Coast and Brisbane? Is it that people have heard negative stories about this island home that is 15 in ferry ride from Redland Bay, where your cheapest property is $330,000+?

I would like to get professional feedback, as obviously I will be trying to promote the island to the best of my ability.
  • Alistair 2.0 | 16 Aug 2015, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    I apologise for the multiple posts. I believe there has been a glitch in the Matrix.
Post a reply