Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Should you buy your own home or an investment property first?

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 12 Dec 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
Hi Investors, Attractive isn’t it? The idea of your own showcase trophy home, with Caesarstone benchtops, Miele appliances and a sparkling pool to entertain all your friends! And right now it’s attainable isn’t it? With interest rates so low suddenly it costs as much to rent as to own. So why not buy your own home? Actually the banks are telling you you’re able to borrow more money, so why not spend a little bit more?
  • David | 18 Dec 2012, 08:06 PM Agree 0
    This is great advice and parents should be telling their children this instead of telling them to buy their first home. In WA it gets better as you can still claim the FHOG if you have invested in property as long as you don't live in it at this point in time.
    This is how I got into the market and own over 10 properties and still rent in a better house than I could afford to buy.
  • Matt | 18 Sep 2013, 09:57 PM Agree 0
    Awesome article Sam! As a prospective first home buyer, I've been reading various things day in day out and in so many minds as to whether to invest, whether to purchase to live and whether to go top of budget or bottom...

It all makes sense now, plans are finally coming together!
  • Balraj Singh | 11 Jun 2014, 05:36 AM Agree 0
    Should I buy a home to live in or buy investment property instead ?
Post a reply