Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Suburbs with highest rental yields

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 26 Mar 2013, 12:00 PM Agree 0
Figures show that rental yield of 20% is possible in one coastal suburb, while numerous others in areas such as Townsville, Rockhampton and Merredin have yields exceeding 10%. That’s enough yield for a property to more than pay for itself
  • Alan | 26 Mar 2013, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    Hi,

I live in Ultimo, and I am wondering if the rental yield and median is distorted by the Unilodge. They sell for about $150k, and rent out for up to $350 per studio. However, this is not necessarily an accurate reflection of unit/terrace house returns.
  • Jenny | 26 Mar 2013, 03:10 PM Agree 0
    Yes, the Unilodge figures would be included in the data. Same as retirement homes etc are included and distort the figures... But I guess it does give an "all encompassing" figure for the suburb!
  • Suzann | 26 Mar 2013, 05:27 PM Agree 0
    I notice that there are no Darwin suburbs. I would imagine with the high demand and low supply there that they would have a high yield
  • M Walker | 26 Mar 2013, 05:55 PM Agree 0
    i regards to Kunda Park i have looked into this area and all of the lease and sales are commercial there is no residential lease or sales so how can RP Date sate that there is a 20% yield on a unit at a median price of $308K ??????
  • guyana | 27 Mar 2013, 09:15 AM Agree 0
    I think you have to give rp data credit... you might think uni skewers the numbers for a place like ultimo but what else are they supposed to do. They have to count all rental accommodation in their figures and even though it might mean you end up with a figure that doesnt represent some of the properties you could buy, its the median figure and thats all a researcher like rp is aiming to get
  • Daniel | 27 Mar 2013, 10:15 AM Agree 0
    I cannot comment on other area. But I do know Miles and Chinchilla. It is impossible to get 12-13% yield in those area. They are around 8%. I don't know how they get that figure (13%).
Post a reply