Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Sydney council amalgamations backed by expert

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 14 Nov 2015, 02:12 PM Agree 0
Fewer councils could come with many benefits for the Sydney property market, according to one property expert
  • Rochelle | 15 Nov 2015, 02:19 AM Agree 0
    Seems like the coalition has become the development industry 's puppet- how unusual.
    What exactly does the author mean by councils holding back on the release of "supply" ? What is the "supply" in Woollahra? in Marrickville or Hunters Hill - is it local homes that you want to get hold of and see them rezoned by Urban Growth to high rise apartments? And what complete nonsense to equate the provision of better public transport in cities with amalgamated mega-councils. Public transport is the responsibility of the state government and local councils are the ones advocating very hard to get the state government to make significant investments in public transport - they are part of the solution - the state government is the problem.
    • Jason | 16 Nov 2015, 11:47 AM Agree 0
      Which council are you on Rochelle?
  • Angela | 16 Nov 2015, 02:51 PM Agree 0
    Hornsby Council failed because they did not have enough population for their area size. State Gov forgot that Hornsby has a national park running inside its borders.

Michael Baird and the NSW State Liberal Government are all for developers and increased population. SO what we do not have schools, hospitals or roads to support the increase.
  • Frank | 18 Nov 2015, 10:44 PM Agree 0
    the 'expert' in council amalgamations is 'Sam Saggers, chief executive officer of Positive Real Estate' ???

given residents hate this move which is designed only to help real estate developers - you tout a real estate agent as an expert who agrees with the idea ?

bleeding hell - smack me in the face and call me Nancy - what a surprise !
  • Bjorn | 15 Dec 2015, 01:29 PM Agree 0
    Wow what a wonder and corrupt surprise. It is NSW I guess.

What next? Perhaps get the wife of the Prime Minister (nope we aren't in some tin pot third world corrupt country) to head up the Greater Sydney Commission. Then perhaps get private sector people (all working for private developers) to run it.

Lets build loads of awful flats everywhere. The roads are already a wreck. Public transport a total joke. Not enough schools and hospitals already.

Post a reply