Your Investment Property forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

To Refinance or not to Refinance

Notify me of new replies via email
Your Investment Property | 20 Sep 2013, 12:00 AM Agree 0
I am with one of the four major banks. The bank's valuation on my mortgage free PPOR was very conservative with a $200k difference between their 'on paper' valuation and market value according to sold properties of the same type in the area.
  • Sue Evans | 20 Sep 2013, 02:55 PM Agree 0
    This is fantastic Lisa, I always think about doing this but think perhaps I am not capable but now feel you have given me the courage to go for it!!
    Thankyou :-)
  • Micky G | 20 Sep 2013, 07:43 PM Agree 0
    A great example to get pro-active to shop around, wheel n deal with the lenders all the while honing your negotiation skills...after all its your future...great article Lisa
  • Marissa Schulze | 24 Sep 2013, 08:59 AM Agree 0
    Great Blog Lisa.
    It is a shame that Banks do not look after their clients or value client loyalty and that is why it is so important to have a great mortgage broker as part of your team. I run a mortgage broking business in Adelaide called Rise High Financial Solutions and we find that we can almost always get our clients a better deal/structure to help them to achieve their goals than what they have been offered by their bank. Even if clients want to stay with the same bank they are already with, a great broker will be able to negotiate a better deal for them. If you are serious about property investing, make sure you find a great mortgage broker who understand property investment and who is an investor themselves.
Post a reply